David George will be running salt printing course at The Cass School.He will give you an introduction to the alternative and historic photographic technique of Salt Printing and show you step by step how to make your own salt prints
The Salt Print technique was created by British photographer William Henry Fox Talbot and was the widely used from 1839 to 1860. This course offers both the opportunity to learn an alternative printing method and gain an understanding of early photography.
Students will gain confidence in producing a digital negative from analogue which can later be used in different alternative printing methods. They will be able to produce original salt prints.
Through darkroom workshops, tutorials and demonstrations students will learn how to:
• Create Archival Prints from digital and analogue
• Overview of Archival Techniques
• Preparing a file for printing
• Selecting and coating paper
• Exposing the salt print
• Control of exposure and contrast of print06.06.15 – 20.06.15 Saturday, 11.00 – 17.30 One day a week for 3 weeks Cost£375
For more information check out